Cosy Up With Our Dreamy Cashew Mac
Deliciously creamy, packed with plant protein, so cheesy it could fool the French. Try this 30-minute recipe for instant indulgence
With this heart-warming treat, your indulgent days are far from over.
Described by Michelin-Starred Chef, Karam Sethi as "amazing" and "genius", our Cashew Mac recipe has taken years of refinement, but is actually super easy. Try the method and ingredients below plus an easy-to-follow video, filmed with our amazing friends at Bosh.tv.
Cashew ‘Cheese’ Sauce
- 2 tbsp dairy free butter
- 1/2 white onion
- 2.5 cups soy milk
- 1 cup plain flour
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup aquafaba (1/2 tin chickpea juice)
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- Cashew milk (1 cup cashews & 1 cup water blended)
Garnish and Body
- Enough macaroni for 4 people
- Sunflower Seeds
- 2.5 cups kale
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups chestnut mushrooms
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch salt
- Added bonus - 2 tsp Liquid Smoke
Time: 30-40 mins
- For the mushrooms, chop them, spread them in a baking dish and drizzle with the liquid smoke, maple syrup, oil & salt, making sure each sliced shroom is coated. Roast for 20 minutes at 200℃ (392℉).
- Place the kale and tomatoes in a dish, drizzle with oil and salt, and pour the balsamic vinegar over just the tomatoes. Roast for 8 minutes at 200℃ (392℉).
- In a pan, heat the dairy-free butter, onions and soy milk and bring to the boil. Remove from heat and pour into a blender, along with the flour, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, cider vinegar, mustard and cashew milk. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mix back into a pan and heat until it thickens slightly.
- Stir in the cooked macaroni and the roasted mushrooms, kale and tomatoes from earlier.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with toasted sunflower seeds
- Live Fully ✨