log in to change your dishes, update your order or redeem rewards
French Toast w/ Raspberry Sauce
These soft and sweet beautifies require less than 6 ingredients to make and are topped with a fresh raspberry sauce which can be doubled up and used to top porridge, cereal and even toast.
Didn’t think you could make french toast from plants? Think again. These are soft, sweet, hearty and, best of all, can be whipped together in under 20 minutes. We paired them with a fresh raspberry sauce which can be doubled up and used to top porridge, cereal and even toast. Follow the recipe below and make these beauties for your next breakfast.
French Toast (serves 4)
1 cup non-dairy milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp maple syrup
4 tbsp flour
8 slices bread
Pinch of salt
Raspberry Sauce (serves 4-5):
2 cups frozen raspberries
2-3 tbsp maple syrup (to taste)
¼ cup water
To make the french toast
- In a bowl, mix milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon and maple syrup. Add the flour in and mix again.
- Heat a tsp of coconut oil or butter in a skillet or non-stick pan over medium heat. Once it’s heated, dip a slice of bread into the wet mixture and coat well on each side. Place the slice on the heated pan/skillet until the bottom side is golden brown (around 2 minutes) and then flip over, and cook for a remaining 2 minutes.
- Repeat with the rest of the slices.
To make the raspberry sauce:
- Add frozen raspberries, maple syrup and water to a heated small saucepan. Bring the sauce to a boil, then lower the heat and let cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and let sit for 10 minutes. Adjust sweetness to taste, adding an extra tbsp of maple syrup if desired.
Serve 2 slices of french toast per person, topped with raspberry sauce, coconut yoghurt, lots of maple syrup and little mint (optional but recommended).