Recipe: Peanut Butter Chocolate Blondies
Need we say more?
What’s oozing with chunks of chocolate and peanuts, and will make your house smell like the inside of a peanut butter jar? These blondies. Snatch the recipe below.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Blondies (makes 14-16)
1 cup peanut butter
½ cup + 2 tbsp coconut sugar
1 ½ cups non-dairy milk
3 tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ cup flour (we used spelt)
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chunks
½ cup chopped peanuts (optional but recommended)
Pinch of salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 175˙C and line a baking dish with parchment paper
- Add peanut butter and coconut sugar to a bowl and mix until combined. Add in 1 cup milk and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon to the wet mixture and stir to combine. Note: Depending on the type of peanut butter you’re using, your mixture might require the extra ½ cup milk. Here’s what you’re looking for: a thick batter which is mixable. If you’re struggling to mix yours, add a couple extra tbsp of milk (up to ½ cup) until you’re able to easily stir.
- Add the chocolate chunk and peanuts to the bowl, and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into your lined baking dish and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the blondies comes out clean (but glossy). Let the blondies cool in the baking tray for 15 minutes before cutting into them.