Recipe: Tangy Cauliflower Tacos w/ Vegan Nacho Sauce
Sunshine in a bite. But we'll let you be the judge of that.
The secret to making perfect tacos: making sure every single element packs a delicious punch. We’ve combined juicy coriander roasted cauliflower, tangy lime corn salad and vegan nacho cheese sauce. Get the recipe here.
Coriander Roasted Cauliflower (Serves 4)
½ cup coriander
3 tbsp olive oil
1 spring onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves
Juice 1/2 lemon
½ tsp salt
1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
Sunflower seed oil, to cook
Grilled Corn salad
3 ears of corn
1 lime, juiced
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
1 tbsp coriander
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
Nacho Cheese Sauce
1 cup cubed cook potato
½ cup cubed cooked carrot
½ cup cashews, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes
2 tbsp neutral oil (e.g. sunflower seed oil)
½ cup non-dairy milk
2 tsp lemon juice
5 pickled jalapeno slices (optional but highly recommended)
½ tsp smoked paprika
½ tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp corn starch
½ tsp salt
To make the coriander roasted cauliflower:
- Pre-heat your oven to 180˙C. To a blender, add oil coriander, spring onion, garlic cloves, water and salt and mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Add cauliflower florets to a parchment-lined baking tray, and top with the coriander sauce. Mix with your hands until well coated.
- Bake the cauliflower for 35-40 minutes, until soft and crispy on some edges.
To make the grilled corn salad:
- Heat a grill pan (or regular pan) over medium-high heat. Lightly coat corn ears with oil and place on heated grill. Cook the corn, turning often until it is charred on most sides (around 12-15 minutes).
- Once cooked, remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes. Transfer to a cutting board, and holding the corn upright, cut the kernels off the cob.
- Transfer the kernels to a bowl along with lime juice, red onion, coriander, olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper (to taste).
To make the nacho cheese sauce (makes 1 cup):
- Add the cooked potato, carrots, soaked cashews, oil, milk and lemon juice to a blender. Blend on high for 20-30 seconds, then add in the jalapeño slices, pickling liquid, smoked paprika, onion powder, tomato paste, nutritional yeast, corn starch and salt and blend for another minute. If your sauce is thicker than you'd like, thin it out with 1-2 tbsp water.
- Serve warm and store in an airtight container or jar for up to 1 week.
To serve: Grill some tortillas, and top them with nacho sauce, roasted cauliflower, corn salad, avocado, radishes and extra lime juice.