Crunch Your Way Through Our Super Green Risotto
Bring creamy, plant flavours to your dinnertime with endless spoonfuls of this fresh wonder dish
It's not every day a wonder dish arrives on your plate to melt your taste buds, but this recipe will deliver that oozy sensation each and every time.
All you need is a simple risotto base, oodles of stock, a splash of wine, some crunchy greens, herbs and lightly roasted hazelnuts. We've typed up the method and ingredients below and made an easy-to-follow video with the awesome team at Bosh.tv to guide you every step of the way.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion (finely chopped)
- 1 red onion (finely chopped)
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp dairy free butter
- 1 cup arborio / risotto rice
- 1 cup white wine
- juice of 2 lemons
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 20 asparagus stalks (chopped into discs)
- 2 cups of green beans (chopped)
- 4 cups garden peas
- handful mint (finely chopped)
- handful sage (finely chopped)
- handful parsley (finely chopped)
- 20 asparagus spears (lightly roasted)
- handful roasted hazelnuts
- Salt to taste (~1/2-1 tsp should be plenty)
Time: 40 mins
- Warm some olive oil in a pan, add the onions & cook them until they’re translucent.
- Add the garlic, dairy free butter & fry until you release the aroma of the garlic.
- Add the rice, & stir it round so it’s all well covered in the juices of the other ingredients.
- Add the wine, lemon juice & stir it until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Pour in a cup of stock & stir until it’s all been absorbed - repeat this process until all the stock has been used - it will take a long time but trust us, it will be well worth it!
- Add the asparagus, beans, peas & stir into the risotto rice for around 12 minutes (or until the vegetables have softened to your liking - if the rice is drying out, add a bit of water.
- Add the herbs, stir them in, add the asparagus spears, hazelnuts, salt & stir them in too.
- Serve immediately & garnish with roasted hazelnuts.
- Live Fully ✨