Yes, it's possible! 3 ingredients, egg-free and extremely delicious.
Fresh pasta gets a bad rep for being tricky to nail and labour-intensive. These gnocchi break both those preconceptions. These pillow-like gnocchi taste so delicate and soft that you won't believe they only called for 20 minutes of active working time and 3 ingredients. They're also pretty fool-proof and will make you feel like you have your life completely together - you nailed fresh pasta after all. It's a win win.
Ingredients (serves 4):
4 large potatoes
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1) Pre-heat your oven to 200˚C. Using a fork, poke your potatoes 3-4 times, and place on a line baking sheet. Transfer to your pre-heated oven and bake until a knife can easily be inserted through the middle (about 1 hour).
2) Once soft, remove your potatoes from the oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes. Once cooled, split the potatoes in half and scoop out the flesh into a bowl. If you have a potato ricer, pass your potatoes through that. If not, mash the potatoes as thoroughly as possible using a fork.
3) Transfer your potatoes onto a clean surface and top with 1 cup flour. Using your hands, incorporate the flour into your potato mix. Add your second cup of flour and salt, and repeat. Form your dough into a disk, dust with flour and cover with a clean kitchen towel. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
4) Cut the disk into 4 parts. Take the first part and roll it out until it's about 1/2 inch thick. Cut the roll into 1/2-1 inch pieces (depending on how big you want your gnocchi to be).
5) Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add salt, and once the water is boiling, add your gnocchi in 3 batches (to avoid overcrowding them). Cook for 2-3 minutes or until they float to the top.