Are Blackberries Good For You?
If you’ve been wondering what exactly blackberries are good for in the body and why you should be eating more of them, then you’ve come to the right place. Keep reading for all your questions answered.
Are blackberries good for you?
In short, yes, blackberries are an extremely good berry for you. They’re loaded with antioxidants, fibre, vitamins and minerals – plus, we think they taste pretty great too.
What vitamins are in blackberries?
You’ll find plenty of vitamin C and K in fresh blackberries, not to mention an impressive amount of the mineral manganese too.
Benefits of blackberries
The health benefits of eating blackberries are wide and varied! Some of our favourites include:
- Better digestive health due to the fibre content
- Good oral health due to blackberry’s antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties
- Skin regeneration and iron absorption thanks to vitamin C
- Healthy wound healing because of vitamin K
- Protection against free radical damage due to its antioxidants
So, if you were looking for more reasons to add some blackberries to your shopping basket then we hope this helped! Share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.
By Fabian Jackson
Fabian is one of our lovely Content Marketing Assistants who loves writing almost as much as he loves coffee, old episodes of Escape to the Country (no judgement here), and cooking up a storm in his kitchen.