The Benefits of Drinking Lemon and Ginger Tea
Lemon and ginger tea has a punchy taste that might not be to everyone’s palette, but it may have a number of health benefits that make it an interesting tea for many. Find out everything you need to know about lemon and ginger tea.
What is lemon and ginger tea?
Lemon and ginger tea is a type of tea that is brewed by steeping ginger and lemon pieces either fresh or dried and in teabags, in hot water. Ginger tea has been brewed for over 5000 years, where it was drunk in China for medicinal purposes, and lemon in hot water and tea blends also has a history as a health beverage.
What are the benefits of drinking lemon and ginger tea?
- Lemon and ginger tea is high in phytonutrients which are anti-inflammatory which can help support a healthy gut
- It can also prevent conditions such as colon cancer due to being rich in antioxidants
- It is used to treat digestive issues and especially nausea for those experiencing morning sickness
- Lemon is high in vitamin C and in tea it can help support a healthy immune system
- Both ginger and lemon contain properties that may help relieve blood pressure, which some researchers have been studying
- Ginger has pain-relieving compounds which means lemon and ginger may be effective for sufferers of headaches and migraines in particular
Ultimately, lemon and ginger tea may be the drink for you — as a means of getting some valuable nutrients as well as staying hydrated.
Is there a tea you swear by? Let us know in the comments below!
by Toni Olukiran
Toni is one of our lovely Content Marketing Assistants, and when she’s not writing posts about everything from Jamaican cooking to vegan champagne, she’s making a Spotify playlist (she was at 200, at her last count) or playing tennis in the park.