Vegan Drinks: Cocktails from the Cupboard #3
by Laura Barns
We love discovering amazing vegan drinks, whether they’re from brands, recipe books or our friends.
Over the last few weeks, Rob Simpson, Group Bar Manager at the Clove Club Restaurant Group, has been sharing the know-how behind his favourite cocktails.
In celebration of Cinco de Mayo this week, Rob created a Frozen Chilli Pineapple Margarita for us to enjoy. It’s both tropical and refreshing, but has a subtle, fiery, kick, which adds a great dimension to an already great cocktail. Raid your cupboards for the ingredients, and give this cocktail a go.
- 25ml mezcal or tequila
- 1 whole lime (or lemon)
- 3 tbsp agave syrup (or maple syrup)
- A spoonful of pineapple chunks (fresh or tinned)
- A squeeze of hot sauce (we used tabasco)
- 2 handfuls of ice
- Step one: squeeze the juice of a whole lime into a blending cup
- Step two: add 3 spoonfuls of agave syrup
- Step three: add a spoonful of pineapple chunks, plus a few extra spoonfuls of the juice
- Step four: add a squeeze of your hot sauce of choice
- Step five: add a shot of mezcal or tequila
- Step six: add two big handfuls of ice
- Step seven: whizz until smooth in a blender (we use a nutribullet)
- Step eight: pour into your glass of choice, garnish and enjoy!
by Laura Barns
Laura is our Copywriter, who is obsessed with the Hearty Roots Stew (and has been known to eat a double serve for lunch on more than one occasion). On her day off you’ll find her walking her puppy Ralph, stopping off at bookshops and cocktail bars along the way.