Everything You Need To Know About Vegan Doughnuts
Ringed, glazed, filled with homemade raspberry jam – are we right in thinking that everybody loves doughnuts? (Don’t correct us if we’re wrong.) Here’s our ultimate guide to the best vegan doughnuts across the UK and a few of our favourite vegan doughnut recipes for good measure.
Our favourite vegan doughnuts available to buy throughout the UK
For when you’re out and about and need a vegan sugar rush:
- If a hunger pang comes calling in Edinburgh then you need to get yourself to Considerit stat for the ultimate plant-based indulgence. Its flavours are regularly changing, but if blueberry cheesecake is an option then your day will be instantly made better.
- If you’re lucky enough to live in, or near Nottingham then you probably know about Happy Dough Lucky. They’ve got some unbelievable vegan doughnuts – our top pick is salted caramel.
- In Leeds? Duke’s Donuts & Coffee will service your vegan sweet-tooth needs.
- Cardiff’s Naked Vegan also has a pretty impressive selection of ringed and filled doughnuts to take your fancy.
- Now, if you’re in London, you need to get yourself to Doughnut Time – we love their Apple Crumble and Fitch.
This is just a small selection of a few of our favourites from across the UK, but there are so many more out there to discover for yourself!
The best vegan doughnut recipes
Fancy throwing on an apron and knocking up your very own vegan doughnuts? Here’s our top pick of recipes:
- We know you’ll fall in love with Val’s fluffy and crisp pink glazed doughnuts. They look just as good as they taste and will make a very welcome addition to any table of party food!
- These vegan raspberry jam-filled doughnuts with cardamom sugar from Sanjana Feasts are a slightly grown-up version of the childhood classic.
- After something more chocolatey? Val made these impressive sugar-coated doughnuts filled with a creamy vegan chocolate ganache.
Vegan doughnut delivery
Sometimes we just need doughnuts directly to our doors – no judgment here.
If you’re based in the Greater London area and have a hankering for vegan sourdough doughnuts, then you must check out Crosstown Doughnuts. We love their vegan Cinnamon-Scroll.
Always vegan Borough 22 have a mouth-watering selection of doughnuts that can be delivered mainland UK-wide. Be quick though, because slots are limited and lots of people love them! We recommend their lucky dip selection box, you might just find a new favourite flavour.
Another great delivery service worth looking at is Yumbles. They deliver their delicious mixed vegan doughnut boxes across the UK.
By Fabian Jackson
Fabian is one of our lovely Content Marketing Assistants who loves writing almost as much as he loves coffee, old episodes of Escape to the Country (no judgement here), and cooking up a storm in his kitchen.